Monday 16 May 2011

Premise for The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis

Here’s my pitch:

“Children are the keys to our future. And now, children are the only hope for our past.”

Here's the premise:

When five classmates are caught in a major food fight at school, they are given the choice of suspension or yard duty. It was a no-brainer. A two-week crash course in landscaping leads the kids to discover a weathered stone arch buried in an overgrown backyard. Instead of a forgotten lawn ornament, it turns out to be an ancient time portal from the lost continent of Atlantis. Chosen by an Atlantean Magus to be Timekeepers – legendary time travelers sworn to keep history safe from an evil force known only as Belial – the five children, along with two offbeat adults, are sent on the adventure of their lives to save the Earth from an uncertain future.

The Timekeeper’s first mission lands them in 1214 England during Mayday, where they must find an adolescent Robin Hood and his band of merry teens before history is turned upside-down. Learning to trust and use their unique talents and abilities, the Timekeepers must right-wrongs and clear the way for Robin to become the heroic longbow man he is renowned for.

That’s the gist of the first novel in my Last Timekeepers series. It was fun doing all the research because I’ve always been an avid fan of the legend of ‘Robin Hood’. And really, who knows the truth about how this legend originated? From a poem? Chronicles? Engravings? Rumors? We’ll probably never know. The only thing I know for sure is that I had a blast incorporating my characters into this timeless story.

In my next blog post, I’ll introduce you to my first character, Amanda Sault.

No comments:

Post a Comment