Monday 19 September 2011

And The Winners Are ...

The Muskoka NovelMarathon had its wrap-up gathering over the weekend. I was not in attendance. Sigh. I also did not receive an award. Double sigh. Nor did I win in any of the three categories the authors were competing in (Adult, Young Adult and Juvenile). Triple sigh. But that’s okay – I was cheering from the sidelines (read – in a galaxy far, far away – ok at my brother’s place in Amherstburg, ON) for everybody who wrote during those three hot days this past July. I Facebooked, liked, commented as much kudos and kidding as I could, and wishing that I could have been among the winners. In my eyes, everyone’s a winner who writes and raises funds for their local literacy council.

So without further ado, here are the winners for the 2010 Muskoka Novel Marathon:

Adult Category – Patricia Flewwelling

Young Adult Category – Kevin Craig

Juvenile Category – Susan Blakeney

Hugs and handshakes go out to Paula Boon, Karen Wehrstein and their enthusiastic group of volunteers who helped put this year’s Novel Marathon together! A big Woo Hoo to you all!

Remember: Nothing great is ever achieved without enthusiasm – Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment