Here are some ideas to help with the promotion process:
· Create a professional looking website or blog (or both)
· Get involved with Social Networking – Facebook, Twitter, Linked etc.
· Create a video trailer for your book and get it in front of your readers
· Do a blog tour
· Get reviews of your books posted on-line (preferably on your blog)
· Become a commenter and subscribe to a few blogs in your genre
Most authors dread the marketing process. It’s a tough gig if you’re not a natural born salesperson. Marketing guru Seth Godin suggests to build a media company, or join a book club with authors to help pimp each others books. Ultimately the success (or failure) of a book now falls upon the author’s shoulders one hundred per cent.
The key is to coordinate your life. Know yourself enough so that you’ll promote your book in the areas you’re strongest in, and delegate the tasks that you’re weak at.
Copyright (c) <a href='http://www.123rf.com'>123RF Stock Photos</a>